I've been nominated for a Liebster Award by Heather at That Film Girl. Thank you very much to Heather and go check out That Film Girl if you are not already familiar with the site.
For the uninitiated, the Liebster award is bestowed upon bloggers by their fellow bloggers. When you are nominated, there are a few simple rules to follow in order to accept your award:
1. Thank the blog who nominated you and link back to them.
2. Nominate up to 11 other bloggers to receive the coveted award.
3. Answer 11 questions from the blogger who nominated you.
4. Tell your readers 11 random facts about yourself.
5. Give the nominees 11 questions to answer on their blog when they post their nomination.
I've heard a rumour that I am literally the last blogger on the planet to receive this award, but I'm still going to nominate the following to have a go at it, in case they wish to. The catch is, I'm not going to tell them, so hopefully one day one of them may stumble across this post and if they haven't already had this award 17 times already, they might keep passing it along!
My nominees are:
1. And So It Begins
2. Cinematic Corner
3. Movies and songs 365
4. Time Well Spent
Here are the questions I have to answer from Heather:
1. What movie is responsible for making you a film buff?
Fight Club. I loved films before, but this fused my love of movies with my emerging interests in politics and sociology.
2. What's your favourite current TV show?
Probably The Walking Dead. I feel like it's been getting better and better recently.
3. What's your favourite TV show that has ended?
4. The last (new) good movie you saw?
Pixar's Inside Out (for a second time). Absolutely love it.
5. If you could live in any fictional land/country/universe, where would you pick?
Hobbiton. Seems like they have everything sorted there.
6. Is there any actor/actress/directors that you'll see their movies, no matter what?
David Fincher. He used to be my favourite director, but he's gotten far less interesting in recent years. I hope he gets back to making films like Seven, Fight Club and Panic Room.
7. What's your favourite animated film?
Probably Toy Story or Inside Out. I was never a big Disney fan, but Pixar's films are brilliant.
8. Where's your favourite place to watch movies/TV?
The Cannes Film Festival. Big screens, great audio and with a lot of people who all love film!
9. What's your favourite thing to snack on during a movie?
Nothing. I wish no one ate at the movies. I do love Haribo cola bottles though.
10. How many movies do you own?
Shitloads but I try not to buy them anymore, as I very rarely get a chance to re-watch anything anymore.
11. How and why did you become a blogger?
I started this blog because I just realised that no one wants to talk about movies enough with me. Having a blog meant I could write about movies as much as I wanted and get it all off my chest. I also want to turn writing about movies into a career and am still desperately clinging to that dream!
Now for 11 random facts about me:
1. I was in a plane crash on the Thai island of Ko Samui in 2009.
2. I was featured on an episode of BBC3 TV show Freaky Eaters for being 'addicted to meat'.
3. I have written a book on The Blair Witch Project which you can buy here.
4. I'm about 6 months away from finishing my PhD in Film Studies.
5. I teach Film and Media for a living.
6. I have a dog called Buddy, who is my best buddy in the world.
7. I am in love with Costa Rica, after spending my honeymoon there, and would love to live there one day.
8. I've been lucky enough to go to the Cannes Film Festival twice for Tastic Film.
9. I lived in Australia for 7 years in the 90s.
10. I used to play ice hockey when I was a kid.
11. I'm trying to run 40 half marathons before I'm 40. I'll have done 14 by the end of this year, so I'll have 26 more to do in 6 years.
Right enough about me. If the blogs nominated above manage to see their nomination, then here are the 11 questions I'd really like to see them answer:
1. If you could work on a film set, what would be your ideal role?
2. What is the best ending to a film ever?
3. If you could have one actor or actresses' career, whose would it be?
4. If you could be any film character, who would it be?
5. What is the ideal length for a film to be?
6. Are there particular things in films that make you cry?
7. Who is your favourite director?
8. What is your favourite film not in the English language?
9. What is your favourite film blog?
10. If there was one film you could destroy forevermore, what would it be?
11. Can a film change your life?