Wednesday 25 June 2014

TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES Trailer: More Shredder, Splinter and Skrillex?

Well at least they are still mutants and not some alien race because as Megan Fox's character says... that would be stupid. The latest trailer for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles offers much more footage from the film ranging from the Turtles in action to a Splinter/Shredder showdown and even Will Arnett (yay!) getting a couple of lines.

It's got the usual vibe of a big bloated Michael Bay film even if he is only the producer. Shredder seems to have been turned into a Transformer and to add to the 'hey kids we're still cool and relevant' factor, a Skrillex tune has been drafted in to make the trailer more fun and energetic.

I'm still upset with many things about this but they are petty grievances that should not ruin the movie if it is fast paced, funny and action packed (which this trailer is). Splinter is my biggest worry as though we have no good glimpse of him yet, I don't like what I am able to see. I'm also gutted that April isn't a redhead but then again, how important is hair colour really? The Turtles look quite cool on occasion, but I have the nagging suspicion that the film is just going to be crammed far too full of CGI enhanced action sequences that will ruin some of them.

Anyway, I have written a full preview of the film for Starburst Magazine which should be in the August issue 403 along with a new short story I have written called The Nurse and the Butcher.

Here's the trailer:



More trailers from I Love That Film


No comments:

Post a Comment

Join me in conversation! Please leave a comment on your own pondering.