Thursday 4 January 2018

My top 25 films of 2017

I have contributed my top 10 films of 2017 lists to Yahoo  Movies 20 best movies of 2017  and HeyUGuys Online Critics Top Ten but since then, the list has already changed as I've finally managed to see the wonderfully moving A Ghost Story and the mind-bending mother!. So they are both now making an appearance in my top 10.

Here's my top 25 of 2017, until further notice!

25. Detroit
24. Okja
23. Fences
22. IT
21. Call Me By Your Name
20. Atomic Blonde
19. Dunkirk
18. Baby Driver
17. God's Own Country
16. La La Land
15. John Wick Chapter 2
14. A Monster Calls
13. Star Wars: The Last Jedi
12. Free Fire
11. Patti Cake$
10. War for the Planet of the Apes
9. Patriots Day
8. Trespass Against Us
7. The Florida Project
6. Ingrid Goes West
5. Lion
4. A Ghost Story
3. mother!
2. Good Time
1. Get Out


But as always, there are a huge amount of films released in the UK that I have not managed to see. Among the many I've missed, the ones I'm most excited to catch are:

The Killing of a Sacred Deer, Toni Erdmann, Blade Runner 2049, Brawl in Cell Block 99, My Life as a Courgette, Loving Vincent, Paddington 2 and Thor Ragnorok.

What were your favourites of the year, and more importantly, what do I still need to get a move on and watch?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join me in conversation! Please leave a comment on your own pondering.