Friday 27 December 2013

2013 List of Shame or 25 films I should have seen this year

I've seen around 150 films in 2013 but due to my writing commitments for Yahoo, I've been watching a hell of a lot more television than ever before. As a result, I'm going to hold off on making my best films of 2013 list for a very long time. There are a huge amount of 2013 films I have yet to see and will have to find a way of watching before I can even begin to entertain the idea of making a top 10 of 2013.

It's always this way. I don't get the chance to see lots of films in the cinema and every year I say I will get better at it but never do. I need the cinema to be cheaper, to live closer to one and for my wife to be up for seeing more films.

Anyway it's all a bit of a guessing game as to what could end up on my top 10 of 2013 list but judging by a few of the lists I have been looking at, these are some of the likely contenders. In no particular order, here are the top 25 films I should have seen in the cinema this year but didn't and am now totally regretting:

The Place Beyond the Pines 


Before Midnight


Kill Your Darlings


The Selfish Giant

Thor: The Dark World


Short Term 12


Blue is the Warmest Colour


Frozen


The Act of Killing


Nebraska


Pacific Rim


World War Z


The Bling Ring


Prisoners


The Spectacular Now


Blue Jasmine


The Conjuring


All is Lost


The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug 


Mud


Philomena


About Time


Blackfish


Lincoln


The Great Beauty

That's one big giant unhealthy looking list and until I've seen a significant number of these, don't expect a best of 2013 list from me anytime soon.

What are the films you most regret seeing on the big screen this year?

Want to know what I have seen this year? Check out these other 2013 lists from I Love That Film:

TV in 2013: Breaking Bad, Dexter, The Walking Dead, Homeland and more

Best books I read in 2013

Top Documentaries of 2013

Best of World Cinema in 2013

2013 Top 10 Horror, Fantasy and Science Fiction

2013 Top 10 So Far (written in July)

Best British Films of 2013

Top 25 Films to see in 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join me in conversation! Please leave a comment on your own pondering.