Saturday 7 December 2013

Upcoming screenings: Mandela, Last Vegas, Secret Life of Walter Mitty

I've got three preview screenings lined up over the next couple of weeks. The first is Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom, the second is Last Vegas and the third is The Secret Life of Walter Mitty.




The first on Monday is Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom. I literally found out I had a ticket to this advance screening moments before I found out that the real life legend had just died. It is going to make the screening a very bittersweet experience. I grew up with my older sisters around me wearing 'Free Nelson Mandela' badges and always hearing about the good he had done  in the world. I'm sure Idris Elba will do a fantastic job in the central role and as I have not read the book, I am very excited to learn more about the man's life. I can guarantee that, particularly in light of this week's events, it is going to get emotional. Let's hope the film can do the man justice. Here is the trailer:



Next up is Last Vegas starring Michael Douglas, Morgan Freeman, Robert De Niro and um Kevin Kline... something tells me Jack Nicholson was busy? Four old buddies, friends since they were kids get together for one last hurrah in Vegas to celebrate the impending marriage of Douglas' character to a girl half his age. Looks like it could be quite funny. Douglas and De Niro are at each others' throats and Freeman's character just looks like he should be repeating the old mantra 'I'm too old for this shit'. Here is the trailer:



The final film I'm seeing next week is The Secret Life of Walter Mitty, directed by and starring Ben Stiller. Comparisons to things like Forrest Gump have been thrown around and it certinaly looks epic in scope. Mitty is a day dreaming office worker who sets off on the adventure of a lifetime (or is he just daydreaming?) and looks like he will likely fall in love along the way with Kristen Wiig. I'm definitely intrigued about this one. Looks like it could be a great heart warmer hopefull for the festive period. Here is the trailer:



What do you think? Want to see any of these?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join me in conversation! Please leave a comment on your own pondering.