Saturday 21 September 2013

Batfleck, Beorn, Dexter and Walter White

In my writing for Yahoo Movies and TV, I've been tackling a range of issues this week from defending the casting of Ban Affleck as Batman (probably not very convincingly) to the coolest new character to watch out for in The Desolation of Smaug and finally bidding a very fond but sad farewll to TV's greatest anti-heroes: Dexter Morgan and Walter White.


I’m a bit behind on Dexter because the final episode of season 8 and the finale of the whole show is airing on Sunday and I’m just approaching the end of series 7. I’m a bit concerned for the direction it’s taking, suspecting that the writers may have left this one out in the Miami sun for a bit too long.

Breaking Bad on the other hand is going out on a monumental high, especially after the left episode left my jaw continually on the floor and sent me hurtling up and down an emotional roller coaster of sympathy and hatred.


In defence of Batfleck 
As an avid Affleck fan since the start of his career, here’s why haters should hold their tongues before they see Batfleck in action.

 
Forget Smaug the Dragon, Bard the Bowman and Bilbo and the dwarves, the most exciting character in Peter Jackson’s 'The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey' sequel will be Beorn, the half man, half bear recluse.

 
Within two weeks, ‘Breaking Bad’ and ‘Dexter’ fans will be mourning the loss of two of TV’s greatest ever anti-heroes. Here's why fans loved the infamous Dexter Morgan and Walter White.

If all that isn’t enough, I’ve also been weighing in on a bunch of other topics for Yahoo Lifestyle and Yahoo News from proposed British rail networks to the benefits of quitting smoking.


Reports are suggesting that the High Speed 2 rail system could have a bold and brilliant impact on the UK economy. I’m all for planning ahead and trying to get people off the roads but HS2 and all the reports surrounding it, reek of false optimism to me.


In quitting smoking and starting running at around the same time, I used jogging as a distraction from wanting a cigarette in the evenings. It worked and soon I found myself craving a jog, rather than a fag after work.

That’s it from me for the week! What you have been writing and watching?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join me in conversation! Please leave a comment on your own pondering.