Thursday 17 January 2013

Director Retrospectives: Part 1 Quentin Tarantino

Ahead of the some of the biggest and best film releases of 2013, Filmoria have decided to do a retrospective of each director's work. We all got to choose six directors who have films being released this year and the idea is that in the week leading up to the new film, we will write and publish a retrospective look at that director's body of work.

I got to pick six fantastic directors, some of my very favourites and others who have enough significant films to make their body of work worth revisiting for me. I take tasks like this very seriously and would like to get through all the films of each particular director before I write the pieces. Fortunately and unfortunately I got Quentin Tarantino as my first director. Fortunately because I've seen and own nearly all of his films and am looking forward to Django Unchained but unfortunately because I had just over a week to prepare my piece for Filmoria and re-watch the films.


I wanted to re-watch all his films before writing but couldn't get hold of Reservoir Dogs or Death Proof in time. I ended up buying Natural Born Killers and True Romance instead as Tarantino wrote the screenplays but am not including them in my feature. I haven't seen either for a very long time and am looking forward to catching them again.

Anyway I don't want to give away the other directors I am doing in this series suffice to say that I am really looking forward to writing more pieces on some very exciting and interesting directors. I will add links as the year goes on and I write more of the director retrospectives. The next one I am doing will be in March is one of my absolute favourite directors. I'm going to start re-watching his films this week in preparation.


For now, here is my look at the career of director Quentin Tarantino so far. It took a lot of time and a lot of research so please give it a read if you're a fan of his work... or even if you're not!

Other Filmoria writers have recently tackled:

Steven Soderbergh
Walter Hill
Kathryn Bigelow
Judd Apatow
Robert Zemeckis

Your comments are always welcome... what do you think of Tarantino?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join me in conversation! Please leave a comment on your own pondering.