Sunday 21 July 2013

2013 Top 10 So Far

It seems like lots of folks have been taking stock of the year that is 2013 so far seeing as we are over half way through it. As I'm about to take my mid-year holiday and probably won't be doing a lot of film watching for the next few weeks, I thought it would be a perfect opportunity to make a note of all the (UK cinema) new releases I have seen in 2013 and what my favourites of the year have been so far.

So firstly here are all of the 2013 releases I have watched so far in the order that I watched them:
  1. The Impossible
  2. Flight
  3. The Bay
  4. Les Miserables
  5. Rebellion
  6. No
  7. Wreck-It Ralph
  8. I Give it a Year
  9. The Fall of the Essex Boys
  10. Warm Bodies
  11. Hitchcock
  12. Cloud Atlas
  13. Song For Marion
  14. A Good Day to Die Hard
  15. Stoker
  16. The Paperboy
  17. Django Unchained
  18. Zero Dark Thirty
  19. Broken
  20. Robot and Frank
  21. The Incredible Burt Wonderstone
  22. Sleep Tight
  23. The Lords of Salem
  24. Trance
  25. The Liability
  26. Side Effects
  27. Evil Dead
  28. Spring Breakers
  29. Olympus Has Fallen
  30. The Gatekeepers
  31. Iron Man 3
  32. Bait
  33. The Look of Love
  34. Bernie
  35. Everybody Has a Plan
  36. 21 & Over
  37. Side by Side
  38. Sound City
  39. A Hijacking
  40. Sweet Vengeance
  41. This is the End
  42. Come as You Are
  43. Summer in February
  44. Man of Steel
  45. Star Trek into Darkness
  46. Desert Runners
  47. Monsters University
  48. The Internship
  49. To the Wonder
  50.  The Deep
  51. The World's End
  52. Frances Ha
  53. Dark Skies
So 53 of the 95 films I have watched this year have been brand new releases which must be some kind of record for me and I have Filmoria to thank for special advance screenings of many of these. Without further ado, here is my top 10 of 2013 so far:

10. I Give it a Year 
9. This is the End
8. Evil Dead
7. Desert Runners
6. Cloud Atlas
5. Django Unchained
4. The World's End
3. Side by Side
2. Spring Breakers


Please click any title for my reviews of the films. It's a pretty crazy list for me. A rom-com??? A remake??? Two documentaries, what looked like (and probably is to some extent) sexist crap, two comedies about the end of the world and a true life tale of massive loss of life. Cheery isn't it?

So that's my top 10 of the year so far (I think). What have been your favourite 2013 films so far? Perhaps The Impossible has stuck with me the most because I'm off to Thaliand. Though it may have focussed on only one family, it is still the true story of the deaths of 200,000 people and was therefore bound to have a strong impact. It is certainly the film that had the biggest emotional effect on me this year. 

I'll be back in a few weeks so until then... take care now and bye bye then!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join me in conversation! Please leave a comment on your own pondering.