Friday 23 December 2011

2011 List #1: Documentaries

Here's the best 10 documentaries I've seen this year.  Not the best 10 documentaries of 2011.  Just the ones I watched for the first time this year that I liked the most.  Catfish probably shouldn't be here as it's not really a documentary from what I've heard but I've included it here anyway.  It's not been a brilliant year for documentaries as far as I can see but then again, I still need to see Senna.  And if you're interested you can see my top 10 documentaries of all time here.

1. Life In A Day  (Watch it here legally and for free online.)  I reviewed it here.






   

2. Paradise Lost - One And Two 







 

3. Hoop Dreams  









4. Inside Job








5. Video Nasties: Moral Panic, Censorship & Videotape












6. Rio Breaks









7. Catfish








8. Iraq In Fragments









9. Loose Change 9/11 - An American Coup












10. Restrepo














That's my list!  Don't forget to check out my all time top 10 documentaries here.  Anyone got any recommendations for documentaries of 2011 or any other year for that matter?

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, despite all the speculation whether "Catfish" is real or not, its still hugely entertaining. For 2011, have you seen "Project Nim"? I thought that was great. A real-life "Planet Of The Apes" story. If you like "Star Wars" then "The People vs George Lucas" is also good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @asrap virtuoso I just wish the trailer for Catfish hadn't made it look like something it wasn't. I was expecting a sinister thriller type ending and then was a bit disappointed. Not yet for Project Nim, definitely going to see it when it comes out on DVD though. I'm not a HUGE fan of Star Wars but like it enough to give that a go. I'll look it up, thanks for reading and recommending!

    ReplyDelete

Join me in conversation! Please leave a comment on your own pondering.