Friday 1 February 2013

Skrillex Meets Stop Motion

I teach stop motion animation at college and once in a while my students introduce me to something mind blowing. Now I know many people HATE Skrillex's music with a passion but no matter what you think of his Transformers having sex style music, please check out the below video. It's for the Skrillex remix of the Benny Benassi tune Cinema and at about 40 seconds when the tune drops, the video gets insane! It's called Cinema so deserves to be seen right here on this film blog ok!

This is the kind of thing that makes me love stop motion with a passion. It''s inspired me to think about making my own Skrillex stop motion video. Original I know! I've made stuff to Aphex Twin before but it just seems that Skrillex's music deserves to be heard with a video like this.

Such a simple set up. Lots of props, one location, one camera angle and over 3 minutes of entertaining pure madness. It's the sort of thing my students could have a go at and I hope this inspires some of them to get their cameras out and give something like this a go! Check it out!And while you're at it, check out some of my students stop motion animation work from this year.


1 comment:

  1. It's awesome that you put it on your blog! I'm glad I introduced you to it! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Join me in conversation! Please leave a comment on your own pondering.