Thursday 20 June 2013

First year at Filmoria

On June 10th 2012 I wrote my first piece for Filmoria. It was the beginning of a beautiful relationship that has afforded me no end of brilliant opportunities. I started out by contributing to the Film Song of the Day series by writing about The Pixies' Where is My Mind? in Fight Club. I've since moved on to loads of news stories, reviews, features and interviews. Here are some of my highlights of writing for Filmoria:

I've written loads of features and contributed sections to many more but here are my personal favourites:


Danny Boyle Retrospective
Roger Ebert Tribute

I've written 33 news stories over the past year covering new posters, new pictures, casting announcements, new trailers and plenty of rumours. Here are some of my favourites:


I've written 51 reviews for Filmoria to date... that's an average of 1 a week pretty much! Some of the best are:

My Brother the Devil
The Dark Knight Rises

A Good Day to Die Hard

The most exciting part of writing for Filmoria has probably been the interviews and red carpet reports I have been given the opportunity to do. As much as just getting to see a film early is exciting, it's even better if I get to chat to a star or director as well. These are the biggest and best interviews I've conducted for Filmoria so far:

The Last Exorcism 2 director Ed Gass-Donelly

Expect much, much more in the future! And Filmoria are currently looking for more news writers to join the team, so if you are interested, get in contact!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join me in conversation! Please leave a comment on your own pondering.