Saturday 22 June 2013

Les Miserables at the Open Air Cinema at Hedsor House

Thanks to Marlow FM, I got to go along to see Les Miserables at an open air cinema at Hedsor House on Thursday evening. It was the first time I've ever watched a film outside in my life. 31 and I've never watched a film outdoors... can you believe it? I'm well and truly hooked now though and on the look out for more opportunities to watch films under the stars. It was an amazing evening. It certainly didn't hurt that the screening was held in the grounds of Hedsor House, a beautiful location that has been used for such films as Dustin Hoffman's directorial debut Quartet and The Golden Compass.







It took a long time for the sun to set and the weather was amazing so the film started a little behind schedule at around 9.45pm (on a school night)! Fortunately there was no rain and it stayed warm enough to be outside even as the film ended at just after midnight. There was a slight mist by the end which you could see in front of the screen and the light from the projector was gorgeous.

We got to have a little walk around the grounds before the film started and watched the sunset over the valley. Then I thought watching Les Miserables for the second time this year might be a little boring but actually I enjoyed it just as much as the first time. I was blown away by the two best songs in the film and the performances of Anne Hathaway and Eddie Redmayne, so much so that it got me wondering about the performance and script enough to write this post.

Anyway I'd like to thank the organisers and Marlow FM for the ticket. It was a magical evening and a superb film. I hope they do it again next year and I'm now going to keep an eye out for more films being shot at Hedsor House in the future.

More from I Love That Film:

Les Misérables Review

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join me in conversation! Please leave a comment on your own pondering.