Monday 3 December 2012

Recent Reviews for Filmoria

All my reviews for Filmoria will now be updated and added to this post. Way back in September I received my first couple of screeners. These were a British found footage horror film called A Night in the Woods and a sickly sweet family movie called Foster. After that I started getting sent to screenings such as for Hungarian Rhapsody and Paranormal Activity 4 and I'm still getting sent regular screeners and occasionally heading into London for film screenings. Writing reviews for films used to be my least favourite type of writing about films but soon realised that this was because I always felt that I was the last to see anything and therefore there was little I could add to the existing body of reviews that were out there.

However I've got in the swing of it and am just trying to make sure I don't repeat myself in reviews too often. The least critics can do is try and say something original in their reviews after all the effort that has been put into making the films for us. And I always look for the positives as I am only too aware that film making is incredibly difficult and any person who gets a film made deserves respect!

It's also very interesting to tuck into the special features on some discs when doing a DVD or Blu-ray review. It takes a lot longer than just reviewing a film but often helps with gaining insights into the films. Anyway here are my reviews for Filmoria so far and I will keep adding to this list as I go along. The newest will always be at the top of the page:

LA HAINE

TRANCE

BAISE-MOI

BROKEN

STOKER

THE BAY

A GOOD DAY TO DIE HARD

 NO

THE FALL OF THE ESSEX BOYS

BLACK SUNDAY Blu-ray

LISA AND THE DEVIL Blu-ray

FLIGHT starring Denzel Washington

JACK IRISH Bad Debts and Black Tide (Australian TV movies starring Guy Pearce DVD boxset)

CHAINED

THE SWEENEY Blu-ray

UNIT ONE TV series DVD boxset

DJANGO PREPARE A COFFIN DVD release

GANGSTER SQUAD Book review

MAY I KILL U?

I finally watched IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE for the first time this Christmas!

BERBERIAN SOUND STUDIO DVD review

The Baytown Outlaws


 
 
 

 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join me in conversation! Please leave a comment on your own pondering.